Looking to join a dynamic team in a fast paced work environment? Check our career listings to see if there is a job for you.
CaseBank welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
October 17, 2017
CaseBank is looking for a ChronicX® Project Manager to join us in our Mississauga office.
ChronicX® is currently used by airlines and MROs around the world to track the health of their fleet. Our customers have a wide variety of aircraft and fleet sizes from 20 – 900 aircraft. Currently, over 3000 aircraft are tracked using ChronicX and another 1500+ are in evaluation. This is a fast-paced, high-priority, demanding project with many opportunities, and the authority to implement processes and improvements and to see the results of your changes in action. The PM has input into the product roadmap and vision and is critical to the successful growth of the project.
The ChronicX Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful implementation of the ChronicX customer and internal software projects, as well as supporting ongoing maintenance and support commitments. The PM executes multiple customer-facing and internal Professional Services and R&D projects, and directs the multi-disciplinary project team. The PM is responsible for the customer evaluation and software release schedules, risk mitigation, project status analysis and reporting, and customer communication. The PM reports to the Director of Professional Services.
Keys to Hiring
The best PMs possess an advanced knowledge of effective and flexible project management processes to meet the needs of varied customers and project types in order to deliver projects on time and on budget. They have progressed through a software or engineering background and are able to challenge software developers and technical authors on estimates and scope of work to ensure focus remains on the right changes. They have excellent communication skills and manage customer meetings, requests, and expectations, and report project status to the management and executive team, proactively keeping all stakeholders aligned and up to date.
Primary Objective: Manage all ChronicX Evaluations, ensuring they are completed on schedule and maximizing the number of eval customers who convert to full customers. The individual should be focused on how to streamline the evaluation/onboarding process, specifically how we can reduce the level of effort needed for customers with small fleets. Manage the ChronicX software development project, and serve as proposal manager for all ChronicX custom SOWs. The PM should also focus on how to improve the ChronicX software release planning, execution, and deployment processes. Earning the respect of the development team is key to this position.
Secondary Objective: An interim step necessary to achieve the primary objective will be, in the first sixty days, to develop a good understanding of the ChronicX software tool, its user groups, and the ChronicX customers. The PM will do this by using ChronicX, gathering insight from the internal team, attending customer training sessions, and interacting regularly with the customers. In the same time frame the PM will have collected, organized, and created a tracking system for all customer and internal action items to ensure that all items are being prioritized and addressed.
Within the first six months, the PM will be managing all ChronicX evaluations, scheduling the meetings, regularly communicating with the customers, providing support to the ChronicX Analysts, and summarizing and reporting status to the executive team.
Team Development & Influencing: Within the first ninety days, the PM shall work closely with all members of the ChronicX team (software and content developers, team leads, product management, sales, and the executive) and assess the team strengths and weaknesses. The PM will share their assessment with the VP of R&D and work with them to ensure the team is being most effectively utilized.
Operational Review: Conduct a comprehensive operational review of current practices and capabilities including processes, systems, and procedures within the first six months. Specific to the ChronicX PM this would span across evaluation, onboarding, release planning in Jira, and deployments.
Technical Competency: Our key technical objective is to not only have a deep understanding of Project Management, but also how a high functioning project works. This individual should possess knowledge and experience in customer-facing software project management, have experience in a software or technical role, and understand the engineering process and the software development cycle. The PM will be a good technical writer with experience authoring technical content, such as proposals and SOWs. They should be proficient using MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and Jira for project documentation and tracking.
Address Problems & Make Improvements: CaseBank’s strength is its product and its people, but we believe there is room for improvement across the company, including in the ChronicX project. Greater efficiency can be achieved with the addition of a dedicated Project Manager and a resulting focus on effective project management processes which will be an early project. The PM will have the authority to implement improved process and procedures to achieve the Primary and Secondary Objectives.
Strategy & Planning: The PM should prepare a plan for the ChronicX project within the first six months focused on improvements to evaluation, onboarding, release planning in Jira, and deployments. They will need to demonstrate an ability to prioritize and implement these improvements with limited internal resources.
Project Management, Organizational Planning & Execution: The PM will have full responsibility for the ChronicX project, ChronicX proposals, and possibly other projects and proposals as they come up. A good PM is in regular communication with the managers at CaseBank, keeping all in the loop as to the progress and timing of ChronicX evaluations and software releases, paying particular attention to deadlines as determined by both internal and external parties.
Tenacity & Conflict Resolution: At times, this individual will face challenges managing the priorities of multiple internal stakeholders and external customers. This individual will need to be comfortable pushing back on how things are done today, while also communicating effectively to gain critical buy-in throughout the project team and maintaining excellent customer relationships. He or she will be critical to driving cross functional collaboration within the project team.
Personality & Interpersonal Skills: Success in this role requires emotional agility. The PM must be able to work well with a wide variety of personalities, and roles. They need to be able to respectfully challenge both developers and executive personnel with regard to priorities, estimates, scope of work, etc. They must thrive leading a fast-paced, high-priority, demanding project with a large and growing customer base (currently 11 customers and 10 evaluations).
This leader will need to demonstrate that they can make a difference quickly while embracing CaseBank’s performance-driven culture. They will also need to establish credibility with managers at CaseBank by demonstrating technical expertise and a willingness to work with others to achieve a goal without taking all the credit. They should take their work seriously, but not themselves. They should be ambitious but grounded. They should get satisfaction out of building something that outlives them.
CaseBank Technologies, a Division of ATP, is a company that commercializes a diagnostic software tool, SpotLight®, for the troubleshooting of aircraft, engines, and other complex equipment and a SaaS web application, ChronicX®, which helps airlines and MROs improve the health of their fleets by providing an innovative approach for detecting and managing recurring defects.
In December 2016 CaseBank was acquired and merged with ATP by the Chicago-based private equity firm ParkerGale Capital who continues to reinvest in growing and enhancing the business and its product lines.
September 20, 2017
ATP/CaseBank DevOps team is looking for a Systems Engineer to join us in our Mississauga office.
We are looking for someone who understands and embraces the DevOps philosophy, can work closely with development teams in an agile workflow and is comfortable with both virtualized and cloud based infrastructure. If you’re excited about building scalable production environments that include numerous virtual and cloud based servers, then you should talk to us.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Effectively prioritize work and encourage best practices in others.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Employ innovative thought and automation to improve workflow, efficiency, productivity and technology deployment.
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate systems engineer functions
- Maintain regular communications with all technology teams as needed.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation for the environment.
- Deep understanding of company’s continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment workflows including versioning changes and publishing using Jenkins
- Design, implement, maintain and improve automated deployment, publishing and monitoring system / environments to support the needs of other company technical teams and production environments
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services
- Monitor security alerts from internal reporting tooling and action based on existent procedures
- Follow IT security advisories and provide suggestions for remediation/ mitigation on the affected production environments
- Maintain and improving security monitoring tools within the infrastructure
- Develop and integrate security tools into the engineering cycle to improve security while minimizing drag
- Advocate for and implement new security features
- Monitor system health and action on alerts, escalate to other relevant teams
- Bachelor’s degree, experience, or relevant certifications such as CISSP, CCSP or Azure, AWS Certifications
- Experience with .NET and Java frameworks
- MS SQL Server knowledge
- Scripting (Python, BASH, Batch, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Experience with building reliable systems at scale
- Strong skills with *nix and/or windows systems
- Experience with security systems including firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, log management, etc.
- Comfortable working with remote team members
- Experience with information security compliance standards such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS, SOC2, etc.
- Successful track record of providing production support for large-scale distributed systems, with experience in automation, production migration, and deployment with minimal down time.
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer oriented with strong rational thinking and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years systems, network, and firewall management.
- 2+ years working in Microsoft Azure or AWS.
Nice to Have:
- Team lead experience is a plus
- Practical knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- Software development life-cycle experience.
- Familiar with ITIL v3. Framework: system transition, systems operation and continual service improvement
- Monitoring and support using tools such as Selenium, New Relic, Logstash, Splunk, etc.
- Deployment and operations of containers using Docker / Kubernetes.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like SOA, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML.
- Building required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare)
September 16, 2017
CaseBank Technologies, a Division of ATP, designs and develops guided diagnostics systems that reduce downtime and ensure first-time-fix for high value assets such as aircraft, jet engines, and chemical plants. Our software and services are relied on by global leaders such as Lockheed Martin, Gulfstream Aerospace, Bombardier, and Pratt & Whitney.
We are looking for an AngularJS Developer to join our team.
You will assist the team lead as a primary contact for other technical and non-technical groups within CaseBank and at select customer locations. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Collaborating with the development team, quality assurance, project management, and others
- Cooperating with back-end developers in development of RESTful APIs
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, especially document-base databases, is a definite plus.
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of “the AngularJS way” including creating self-contained, reusable, and testable AngularJS modules and directives
- Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around $resource
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks in Jasmine and Karma
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please apply and send your resume to: email@example.com.Apply
B737 Troubleshooting Subject Matter Expert
September 13, 2017
CaseBank Technologies, a Division of ATP, is a company that commercializes a diagnostic software service for the troubleshooting of aircraft, engines, and other complex equipment. Our proprietary SpotLight software uses case-based reasoning technology, and has been field tested and proven with a number of industry leading Aerospace and Defence equipment. We are presently seeking one or more Boeing B737 troubleshooting subject matter experts (SMEs) with diagnostics experience and expertise on at least one aircraft system ATA chapter. The position is available on either a part-time, or full-time basis.
This person will be trained in our SpotLight software, and will be responsible to:
- Review and validate diagnostic content for technical accuracy and effectiveness, and suggest improvements and enhancements.
- Review diagnostic content and identify additional high impact diagnostic areas for CaseBank to develop.
- Answer technical questions from the CaseBank development team.
- Suggest project improvements.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply