Looking to join a dynamic team in a fast paced work environment? Check our career listings to see if there is a job for you.
CaseBank welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Senior Java Developer - ChronicX (Mississauga/Toronto, Canada)
August 1, 2018
CaseBank’s ChronicX service provides recurring maintenance defect identification and tracking for many of the world’s largest and best-known airlines. The customer base continues to grow at accelerating year-over-year rates, largely through industry word-of-mouth.
This rapid growth imposes many challenges. The Senior Java Developer will respond by developing new features according to the product roadmap and enhancing the existing code to ensure a robust and reliable application. The senior developer will also be a key contributor in designing and developing solutions to improve the application’s performance and scalability and to integrate with customer’s applications.
The senior Java developer will join a small but highly capable team where they will mentor junior staff, coordinate activities with other departments (e.g., QA and support teams), and support the team lead in identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
The key to success in this position is a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in a growing, fast-paced environment, enhancing and maintaining computationally heavy Java applications, and refactoring Java code for improving performance, scalability and reliability.
- Contribute to ongoing development activities for ChronicX based on the application’s roadmap.
- Maintain and refactor the existing code to improve ChronicX’s reliability and performance, targeting an incident-free production environment.
- Attend technical meetings with customers’ IT teams to design and implement integrations based on WebServices or JMS/MQ.
- Define requirements and prepare development estimates for new features in ChronicX.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and in mentoring junior staff.
- Assist the team leader by coordinating activities with QA and DevOps teams to ensure on time, high quality version upgrades in the production environment.
Required skill set
- Senior level experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Java web applications.
- Prior demonstrated, quantifiable experience optimizing Hibernate queries running against Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience implementing Angular 2 (or later) user interfaces
- Experience designing and implementing integrations based on JMS/MQ message queues and web services.
- Nice to have – experience programming or working with natural language processing algorithms and toolkits.
- Additional Nice to have – experience with Python, Lucene, Spring Boot, GWT, Maven and Jenkins.
You will need to demonstrate that you can make a difference quickly while embracing CaseBank’s performance-driven culture. We’ll give you the help you need to make that happen. Our team has a few common characteristics; if you share these, you’ll fit right in:
- We work together to achieve common goals without chasing individual credit.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- We’re ambitious but grounded.
- We get satisfaction out of building products that have a material impact on the world and will outlive us.
- Our team is of paramount importance. We take hiring very seriously, and scrutinize resumes closely to keep our competency above industry average. We expect you’d do the same with us. Let us know you reviewed this opportunity carefully by including the word “phoenix” somewhere in your response.
CaseBank Technologies, a Division of ATP, (http://www.casebank.com) commercializes a diagnostic software tool, SpotLight®, for the troubleshooting of aircraft, engines, and other complex equipment and a SaaS web application, ChronicX®, which helps airlines and MROs improve the health of their fleets by providing an innovative approach for detecting and managing recurring defects.
In December 2016 CaseBank was acquired and merged with ATP by the Chicago-based private equity firm ParkerGale Capital who continues to reinvest in growing and enhancing the business and its product lines.Apply
Software Engineer (Austin, Texas)
June 7, 2018
ATP is the general aviation industry’s single-source provider of information management and services, managing the maintenance process—from maintenance and compliance tracking to inventory management—for improved productivity and efficiency and increased aircraft utilization and value. With a large network of international sales partners, ATP is a global company that helps more than 23,000 users in 96 countries achieve the highest levels of safety, compliance, and productivity.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and innovative engineering leader to join ATP at a crucial phase of its business expansion and transformation.
Reporting to VP of Engineering, and working in close collaboration with the team lead/software engineering, senior product, design, and quality teams, the Software Engineer – focusing on full stack development will play a critical role in the future growth of ATP by developing and owning the technical architecture, strategy, quality, and delivery of ATP’s SaaS and mobile product offering. ATP is looking for someone who is currently either a front-end or back-end developer who is looking for a change and would like to participate in the full stack process. Although our application is heavily used in production today, this is near a greenfield situation as our front-end technology is going through substantial transition. This position requires excellent team participation as well as current hands on coding experience.
- Implement the technical architecture, strategy, and roadmap for ATP’s SaaS product offering
- Ensure code quality, scalability, extensibility exists across all products
- Partner with the team on architecture, build, release and execution of application delivery to support the current and future business needs including functional feature development, scalability, and everyday production support.
- Apply solid programming principles, work collaboratively in an energetic team-centric environment, drive unit testing and devops deployment principles.
- 4+ years in depth database driven application architecture and design
- Must have a deep working understanding of multi-tier database driven SaaS site/app development.
- Track record and experience delivering enterprise SaaS products and services leveraging a cloud-based environment such as AWS or Azure a plus
- Programming to a back end relational DB system is required. NoSQL and related systems experience a plus
- 2+ years developing highly responsive data driven consumer facing sites using C#, web-scale architecture, and multi-tenant software platforms
- Experience with single-sign on (SSO) and federated identity provider models and tools, and enterprise search
- 4+ years using test driven development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building products from scratch/greenfield situations using feedback/requirements from Product Management/customers.
- Content management and digital assessment management experience and integration of workflows
- Experience developing sites and applications that are responsive
- Experience with PDF manipulation libraries including conversion to HTML a plus
- Track record of individual technical achievement
The interested applicant should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].Apply